MiCROTEC is a high-tech company and global leader in Wood Scanning Solutions. Established in 1980 and headquartered in Bressanone, Italy with offices in Sweden, Germany, Finland, Canada, and the United States, we are a global technology partner for the wood processing industry. Our world-leading scanning products are used by some of the world’s largest sawmills and wood processing companies to add value and enhance their businesses.
Committed to providing our customers with the most economically and ecologically sustainable wood utilization, we are powered by a passionate team dedicated to the evolution of our industries. We use exciting technologies such as CT (Computer Tomography), X-ray, Visual scanning, Deep Learning, Artificial Intelligence and Stereoscopic Imaging to bring new innovations to the time-honored industry of sawmilling.
As the world’s largest wood-scanning solutions provider, your personal growth opportunities are considerable. In serving our customers all over the world, you will have the chance to travel and experience the beautiful places our installations are located. Our core values include Customer Success, Innovation, Integrity, Respect, Collaboration, Dependability, and Passion for Excellence. If this resonates with you, we invite you to become part of our team!
This role supports both the A.I. (Artificial Intelligence) team and the Software teams to ensure our machines are executing the proper data to propel our technology forward. Through collaboration, deep learning, and research, this senior level role serves as a catalyst for all new technology initiatives.
- Research and development of the best and most recent learning processes to stay current with trends across the industry
- Explore patterns and abilities of the upcoming A.I. field projects
- Work with existing neural networks and improve models and processes
- Train nets for both new and old customers and participate in the problem-solving process to ensure the technology is meeting the customer standards
- Serve as a peer resource for team when developing new software, training, and learning
- Network Fine Tuning to adapt to new collections
- Support DevOps team in managing databases for all projects, machines and ensure consistent organization and collection processes
- Analyze data interpretations and use data sets to train machines
- Effectively communicate with teammates, managers, and other departments
- Excellent technology skills with Microsoft teams, Outlook, Excel and data management tools for all A.I. initiatives
- Ability to travel both domestically and internationally for learning opportunities
Education and Experience:
- 4 year degree specializing in A.I., Machine Learning or related field, Master's is preferred
- 3-5 years of deep learning or automated vision experience
- Hands on experience with Tensor flow, Python, ML Toolkits, or other machine learning tools
- Experience with image processing or automated vision within the A.I. Industry is preferred
- Must be able to remain in a stationary position 75% of the time
- Constantly uses a computer or other office machinery such as a keyboard, laptop, cell phone, office phone, printer, etc.